Health-Wellness-Anti-AgingAging is a fact of life of human life that cannot be reversed. It is a progressive failure of the metabolic processes of the body. Human beings go through different life stages, starting from childhood, youth, to adult. The best part of human life is the youth, with the hormones working to their peak capacity. An efficient immune system, strong muscles, good health, and a healthy brain are ideal youth characteristics.
What is anti-aging medicine?
Aging is believed to be a universal, progressive and natural phenomenon. The main aim of anti- geriatric medicine is to maintain or attain the sound characteristics of the best phase of human life, which is good health, irrespective of chronological age. Anti-aging medicine is a developing branch of medical science and applied medicine. It treats the fundamental causes of aging and aims at curing any age-related illnesses.
The main goal of anti-aging medicine is to help maintain your youthful characteristics and functions for the length of your lifespan. Conventional and alternative medical disciplines are used in an integrated approach to help achieve this objective.
How can you organize an anti-aging program?
There are certain principles one can imbibe to slow down the aging process and lead a healthy life.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet. It is vital to eat proper food according to your height, weight, and activity levels to ensure a better quality of life and longevity.
- Try to eat small meals every 4-5 hours in the right proportions. Have a balanced diet of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats at each meal.
- A hormonally correct diet will go a long way in enhancing your health.
- Regular exercise is as good as having an anti-aging pill. So follow a healthy exercise regimen in your daily routine involving aerobic, anaerobic, and flexible training.
- Take nutraceutical supplements like antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
In what ways can premature aging be reduced?
- The most crucial factor in preventing premature aging is to protect your skin from the sun every day. Protection of the skin should be ensured when going out in the sun. Wear sun-protecting clothing, sunglasses with UV protection and apply sunscreen to the exposed parts of the body.
- A tan from the sun will accelerate the aging process of the skin. So apply a tanner to the skin rather than getting it tanned.
- Smoking can cause wrinkles and give a dull look to the face. So stop smoking to delay the aging process.
- When you make a facial expression, you contract the underlying muscles. Hence try avoiding repetitive facial expressions to prevent the lines on the face from becoming permanent.
- Alcohol is tough on the skin. So avoid drinking alcohol as it dehydrates the skin and damages it, making it look old.
- Lead a healthy and active life. Exercise regularly to improve blood circulation and boost the immune system. This, in turn, will give the skin a youthful appearance.
- Moisturizers trap water in the skin giving it a youthful appearance. So apply a facial moisturizer daily.
- Do not use skincare products which sting or cause irritation to the skin.
Call us at 503-691-2000 or schedule an online appointment to know more about Anti-Aging Treatments.