What Is PEMF?
Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF) is the latest non-invasive technique that impersonates the body's natural healing process by delivering targeted electric fields to treat several medical conditions related to injuries and inflammation in bones, cartilage, and soft tissue. It has been well established that the human body's electric field plays an essential role in the natural healing process. A human body produces electric fields in response to injury or tissue inflammation to carry out the remodeling and repair of bones and cartilages.
PEMF is being used in clinical practice to provide non-invasive treatment to the affected areas with therapeutic electric fields.
How does the Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy work?
This therapy works by directing an electric field into the cartilage with the correct amount of amplitude, orientation, distribution, and duration for achieving the maximum therapeutic effect. The electric field is applied to the treatment zone by a pulsed magnetic field generated outside the body, which stimulates the cartilage and repairs the tissue. PEMF is very useful in subduing inflammation, relieving pain, and enhancing tissue restoration. It helps improve the natural healing process of the body by stimulating its natural healing functions.
How does PMF therapy work in combination with other types of treatments?
PEMF is a non-invasive and drug-free treatment that, combined with other therapies, boosts the healing processes of the body. Along with treatment, a healthy diet and regular exercise should also be followed.
- To overcome constant pain, individuals resort to painkillers to go about their daily routine. This dependence on pain killers leads the body to build resistance against the medication and can also have other consequences like internal bleeding and stomach problems. PEMFs can quicken the healing process of the body and reduce pain, giving the individual a better quality of life.
- PEMF therapy helps ensure deep sleep, thereby recharging the body and providing people with increased energy during the day. It is crucial to get the right amount of sleep because sleep revitalizes and heals the body. This therapy helps relax the body and mind by assisting the release of Melatonin and Human Growth Hormone (HGH) hormones, which are very vital for improving people's sleep.
- It helps to focus the mind. With therapy, your mind is awakened but relaxed, and simultaneously the brain's retention power is enhanced. When the beta brain waves are induced into the brain, it improves data processing, problem-solving, and multitasking, enabling them to focus more and be highly productive.
- It helps in stress reduction. This therapy changes the body's stress responses by directly acting on the endocrine and nervous systems and the cells or organs of the body. Additionally, PMFs can make the body less prone to stress.
- The body recovers and heals faster with the help of PEMF therapy. It allows the muscles to work harder and recover more quickly by triggering the energy production in muscles. Additionally, PEMF therapy increases the production of stress proteins before exercise. These proteins prevent the breakdown and wear and tear of cells and encourage the healing process of the body.
- This therapy helps stimulate blood vessel growth, increasing blood circulation and ensuring essential nutrition for the tissues.
Call us at 503-691-2000 or schedule an online appointment to know more about PEMF.